Dr. Erwin and Elisabeth Rue Pink
Dr. Erwin G. Pink served on the Frisco school board from 1955-1972, a total of 18 years. His six terms represent the longest tenure for a board member that can be documented; he was vice president for 10 of those years. He also served as the volunteer school health official and football team doctor from 1954, when he moved to Frisco and began his practice, until his retirement 43 years later. He has also been recognized for his commitment to this community by being named as Frisco’s “Citizen of the Year” and was conferred as an Honorary Lifetime Member of the PTA in 1979. Dr. Pink passed away in 2006.
Elisabeth Rue Pink was an educator for many years and her love of learning is evident in all of her volunteer efforts. She was active in the PTA while rearing four children; she was chairman of the Collin County Historical Commission for eight years and was instrumental in establishing the Collin County History Museum, where she served as volunteer director from 1979 until 2002. In 1994 Elisabeth was honored as Frisco`s “Silver Citizen of the year.” She also chaired the FISD`s Citizen`s Facility Naming Committee for several years; this group of long-time citizens worked to bring names forward of families, citizens and educators who contributed greatly to the beginnings of Frisco and the development of its young people. Elisabeth was a Rue and her grandparents help settle this area during the land grant times.
In 2004, Dr. and Mrs. Pink were named as “Legends” by the Board of Collin County Community College. Elisabeth Pink continues to support the schools and are leading members of the Heritage Association of Frisco, which works to keep Frisco`s traditions